Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lump in neck, lymphoma?

About five months ago I developed a lump in my neck. I saw my doctor and he ordered a blood test and said I was on the tail end of glandular fever. 4 months later I still have the lump and I have been very tired, feel sick and have pains in my stomach. I did some of my own research on the internet and my symptoms point to Lymphoma. The Doctor is doing some more blood tests but the results dont come back for days?


ASAP please reply.

Lump in neck, lymphoma?
That's really bad..did your doctor do blood tests first time round..i had similar symptoms and went to my doctor, i had blood tests, then a biopsy, it turned out to be Hodgkin's lymphoma, i had to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy to finally beat it..i am OK now..I'm not tryin to freak you out or anything..try not to panic.
Reply:Stop looking to diagnose yourself with the internet. If thats all it took, there would be no need for medical schools. Yes it could be lymphoma. It could also be a whole host of other things. Keep following up with your doctor and until you get a diagnosis, stay off the computer. The internet can be a great tool, but if also has a lot of info that if not filtered correctly or applied correctly can mislead and worry people.


Let your doctor do his job. Once you get a dx, then research it.

flowers funeral

No comments:

Post a Comment