Monday, November 16, 2009

I have had low grade lymphoma for about 4 years, question is how common is it to show up in your lungs?

I HAVE ONE NODULE, FOR SURE, MAYBE TWO BUT MY DOCTOR CAN'T SEE THE OTHER, IN MY RIGHT LUNG LOWER LEFT A LITTLE AWAY FROM THE LUNG WALL. I AM HOPING IT IS LYMPHOMA LOW GRADE, WHICH IS EASILY CONTROLED WITH RITUXAN. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I have had low grade lymphoma for about 4 years, question is how common is it to show up in your lungs?
Any lung nodule is worth taking a look at. Lymphoma is usually in the lymph nodes, but is also found elsewhere, especially if you've had it this long it can go to your bone marrow, etc. I read hundreds of pathology reports every day, and I don't think i recall having seen it in the lung, but with your history it's possible. Also the lymphoma decreases your immune function making you more susceptible to other things like pneumonia, fungal infections, and the like. Granulomas are also pretty common, like a little clump of scar tissue.


No comments:

Post a Comment